Mobile Spray Tanning Tips
If your skin is currently sun damaged, please wait until your skin has healed and is not peeling. Spray Tanning over peeling skin will result in uneven color.
Although Spray Tanning is safe and FDA approved, we require that woman that are pregnant or nursing consult with their doctor and receive a doctor’s consent form prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Any facials, waxing, manicures, pedicures, or shaving needs to be done at least 24 hours before your spray tan.
- Before your appointment shower and exfoliate your entire body using an oil free / non-moisturizing cleanser Body Scrub. Focus on your elbows, knees, underarms, belly button, and feet. Using a washcloth or cleansing puff will help exfoliate.
- Come to your appointment with dry, clean skin. No lotions, sunscreen, deodorant, makeup, oils, or perfumes on the skin. This is very important for flawless results.
- Bring a dark swim suite, underwear, or thong to get sprayed in. The solution will wash out of all clothing.
- Afterwards wear darker loose clothing. Luxury Spray Tan products dry quickly and are water-based so if any transfers to clothing or bed sheets it can be easily washed out in a normal cycle.
Post Application ~ The Tan Is In Your Hands ~
- Avoid exposure to water for at least 8-12 hours up to 24 hours, unless you choose the EXPRESS Solution which allows you to rinse off within 1-3 hours later of your appointment.
- If you have a late appointment and are planning to go to sleep after being sprayed wear dark loose long sleeve shirt and pants to avoid puzzle piecing yourself as you sleep. Use caution when sleeping and avoid sleeping with your hands touching your face.
- As you approach the 8-12 hour mark you may smell a hint of the DHA. It will go away when you do a warm water rinse. Using no soap, only cool water.
- As the spray tan develops it may get a bit darker. You will look different before and after you shower
- As you take your 1st shower (RINSE ONLY), using no soap. You will notice color being washed away, it’s just the temporary cosmetic bronzer. You may use soap in your hot zones! lol
- Gently wash your skin for the continuation of your tan. Avoid products with AHA or exfoliants, especially your face wash. We recommend no DOVE products and never bar soaps. This will try your skin out and the spray tan will fade much quicker.
- Avoid long hot showers, bathes, saunas, hot tubs, the ocean, or chlorine, as it will cause the tan to fade quicker.
- Moisturizing is the key to get the maximum results of your Luxury Spray tan. Use a non-alcohol based lotion at least twice a day. This will help your tan last longer and fade evenly.
- Your spray tan should last 5-10 days. Everyone’s skin exfoliates differently.
- Taking care of your tan and following our post treatment recommendations will help you extend the life of your tan and ensure flawless results.